Three At Home Workouts For Busy Moms
Hello BUSY moms! Have you been looking for some quick home workouts that you can do during nap time? I have THREE new workouts just for you! Below I have added some a HIIT circuit ( high intensity interval training ) , an upper body and a lower body workout you can do right at home. The HIIT and the lower body workout can be done with no equipment .
Quick effective workouts are a MUST for us moms. We want to do workouts that are going to get us the results we want but not spends hours in the gym. The workouts below focus on the parts of the body that most of us want to change .
I did all three of these workouts while I was pregnant with my son and after he was born. I will add that I was definitely moving slow during the HIIT workout when I was pregnant !! Thats a great one to try when you are ready and then repeat a few weeks later to see how much you improved.
set a timer for 6 rounds , 25 seconds on, 15 seconds rest. Rest one min and repeat up to four times. More advanced? Set your timer for more rounds so you will jump right into the second, third , fourth rounds without any rest! Each round will last 4 minutes so for a quick 12 min workout do three rounds. If you have more time add more rounds.
- mt climbers
- squats hops ( squat down then hop up quickly, land softly)
- plank jacks ( plank position , jump legs out to side then back in like a jumping jack)
- bicycle abs
- high knees
- kettlebell or dumbbell swing ( no weights- jumping jacks)
Strong Arms workout : You need dumbbells *
Do each move for a total of 10-15 reps . Go through all the moves, rest and repeat 3-4 times . If you can get to 15 reps easily then its time to move up in weights! You will not see progress if you do not push yourself.
- bicep curls
- shoulder press
- triceps kickbacks
- chest press – on ground – lay on back- arms make the shape of a goal post- press weights straight up then slowly lower
- front raise – hold a weight with both hands, starting at your waist raise weight with straight arms to shoulder height then slowly lower
- triceps dips- on flor or on a bench- elbow go straight back
- push ups
**If you are not sure what any of these moves are GOOGLE them! Trust me there will be 1000s of pictures/videos so you can learn!!!!
Lower Body Burner
Quick nap time lower body workout . You don’t need anything but your body
- 50 squats
- 50 glute bridge – on ground knees bent- press through your heels to lift hips up then slowly lower
- 50 walking lunges ( 25 per leg )
- 50 plank leg lift/pulses ( 25 per leg ) – plank position- then pulse one leg at time up and down
- 50 sumo squats – feet wider then hips- toes pointed out slightly
I hope you LOVE these quick workouts . Id love to hear from you! Comment below which one you love best . Also make sure you follow me on instagram