Second Trimester Summer Workout Tips
I love summer! I was pregnant throughout the summer with Brody and it really wasn’t too bad! But this time I’m due in October not Jan so I have a feeling this summer pregnancy is going to be a lot hotter ( not to mention I will be chasing an 18 month old around )
If you are feeling great and keeping up with your workouts make sure you read my second trimester summer workout tips to stay safe .
- Avoid high heat times if working out outside. Try to get your workout in first thing in the am or later at night when it’s not super hot ( and be careful of high humidity) . Us prego moms are already hotter than normal so make sure you plan ahead , if its super muggy or already into the 90s I would move your workout inside .
- Stay hydrated. You might already be peeing all day , but you need to drink more if you are working out in the heat . Make sure you drink a glass or two before you workout to make sure you are not dehydrated. Keep water with you while you workout and take breaks to sip on that water. If you are sick of plan water add some fruit to it!
- Don’t over heat / wear loss clothes . Wear light-colored clothing that is not form-fitting . Try and pick a fabric that wicks away sweat.
- Sunscreen. Make sure you put a safe sunscreen on . Do some research CLICK HERE and avoid those sunscreen with “fragrance ” , methylisothiazolinone, oxybenzone.. there’s a ton of ingredients to avoid ( too many to list!) I use babyganics & blue lizard on Brody and I just bought this Neutrogena Sheer Zinc Dry-Touch.
- Swimming/ water workout. We live right by the beach so I love doing workouts that involve the water. Try swimming lap or some type of water aerobics. I like to do my workout on the beach and jump in whenever I am feeling hot!!
- Monitor heart rate. I have a fitbit that tracks my heart rate and I know there are tons of monitors out there. Watch yours and make sure it doesn’t get too high.
Remember , I run a FREE group on Facebook full of moms who are working towards a healthy lifestyle for them and their families . I would love for YOU to be apart of our MomUnity!!! Find me insta , FB or comment below and I can add to you fitfam or we can just connect and chat