I made these brownies last week and they were so good! If you are a chocolate lover then you must try these!!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or unrefined sugar or granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour for the gluten-free version
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder (using regular cocoa powder may result in cakey brownies)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled and grated zucchini
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + 1/2 to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F . Line an 8″x8″ pan with parchment paper or spray with baking spray.
- Mix together the eggs, vanilla, coconut sugar, and apple sauce , let this sit for a few minutes to let the coconut sugar dissolve.
- I another bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder , baking soda and salt. Make sure there are no clumps !!
- Add the dry mix to the wet, gently stir until combined. Be sure not to over mix! The batter will seem thick- thats okay
- Next fold in the zucchini and 1 cup chocolate chips. The zucchini is moist and will help make the batter less thick.
- Pour the batter into the pan and even the surface with a spatula.
- Add 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle doesn’t come out gooey.
- Store in an airtight for up to one week in the refrigerator. These brownies are moist so I recommend storing them int he fridge.
I hope you LOVE my recipes & quick workouts . Id love to hear from you! Comment below which one you love best . Also make sure you follow me on instagram
Here are some more posts you will love !