Postpartum Life Tips
I can’t believe its been one week since having Remi! Coming home from the hospital after having a baby can be scary! Not only do you now have a new life to take care of, you have to take care of yourself as well ( and siblings!) If you are not feeling great postpartum , caring for your newborn can be even more difficult and stressful. If you are feeling not so great always remember you are NOT alone! Are you are looking for a fun community of moms Id love for you to join my private face group . We share lots of workouts, recipes, tips and best of all we all support each other . Just send me a friend request and a message and I can add you!! Below are some of my postpartum life tips that helped me when I had my son and just recently after having my daughter. You’ll notice I didn’t write sleep as a tip, I feel like everyone tells you to sleep when you can, we all know that!
Postpartum recovery isn’t always easy but you can thrive with a little self-care and some help of course!
Postpartum Life Tips
Right after coming home:
- Use the perri bottle from the hospital when going to the bathroom ( take the bottle home too ) especially if you have a tear ( you don’t want to be wiping
- Take sitz baths. My Dr told me ten min a day is long enough , no need to sit for too long
- Make padsicles if you are swollen ( google it ! )
- Buy those sprays/ witch hazel ect you see all over pinterest !
- Take as much stuff from the hospital as you can , then use amazon for things you still need. I bought a bunch of stuff before having Brody then got doubles of almost everything at the hospital . Wait to buy things till you know what you’ll need. You can always amazon in the hospital and you know it will be at your house when you get home!
After a few day:
- Eat “healing” foods . Our bodies will not heal properly if we are not eating right. Eat foods full of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals and eat clean protein , fats and carbs . You and your baby need all those nutrients
- Drink a TON of water ( and pineapple juice if nursing )
- Bend over correctly . Your muscles are tight , sore and maybe weak. Remember to always use proper form with picking things up.
- Wear a belly band. I wear mine for about 45 min a day
- Walk around. Sitting around all day will leave you sore, tight and tired!
- Stretch daily, add yoga when you feel up to it
- Say YES to help with meals . If someone offers to bring a meal over say yes! You can always freeze it and have it handy when in a pinch
- Create a routine that works for you and your family & stick to it
- Self Care. Make sure you are taking care of YOU! Shower when you can. Wash your face and brush teeth right when you wake up. Change out of your pjs! Throw some mascara on. Have a glass of wine & relax at night
- Enjoy your newborn and new way of living!
Id love to know how you survived after having a baby? Share below your go to postpartum tips .