Mess Free Toddler Snack / Product Review
Every time I give Brody one of these pouches some asks me about them, so I figured I would share a little bit about how much we love them! Brody LOVES yogurt but I got so sick of cleaning it off of everything ( because he has to walk around and eat it! ) that I stopped buying it for him. Then I remembered about my food pouches! This mess free toddler snack is more like a mom hack . My new go to snack that Brody loves is these baby brezza pouches filled with yogurt.
When I meal prep I usually fill up about 4 or 5 of these pouches and leave them in the fridge. Brody is two years old and he’s ALWAYS hungry . Instead of filling up on pirate booty he is now opening the fridge and pulling these out! He doesn’t get yogurt everywhere any more and I love that I can fill it with the yogurt of my choice. He has also been waking up at 5 am lately saying he’s hungry and I am totally fine with giving him a pouch in his crib, he has some yogurt and usually goes back to sleep for another hour.
I also like to use these for Remi, they are perfect for when we go out to eat or are out for the day. I don’t always make my own baby food, instead before we head out for dinner I will fill a pouch with store-bought baby food from a jar for her to have if she starts getting fussy at the restaurant . Its much easier to grab a pouch and she will suck the food straight from it, so we don’t need to have a spoon either.
First off this is not sponsored , I paid for these! I got them on amazon for 10$ and the pack comes with 10 pouches & caps plus the thingy used to fill them .
- Price: 10$ for 10! totally worth it.
- Size: I find them to be bigger then the store-bought food pouches and those things are expensive so you get way more when you use these.
- Use: Super easy to fill . Sometimes depending on whats in them Brody needs help pushing the food up from the bottom but normally he has no problem eating out of them ( my four-month old sucks food out of them fine too! ) The seal part seals tight, we have never had anything leak from them.
- Cleaning: Easy to clean, they open nice and wide so they are very easy to clean. Also they are dish washer safe !
Do you use your own food pouches? Id love to know what you fill yours with. I will be using these pouches a lot for Remi now that she is eating foods so drop your favorite recipes below.
Easy Bagel Recipe
I love a good bagel! But who doesn’t ?? I don’t buy them very often but I will make some every once in a while and this easy bagel recipe is my go to . I’m sure you have seen it on Facebook . I love how they taste and find them easy to make .
Easy Bagel Recipe
Preheat over to 350
- Mix 1 cup self rising flour with 1 cup THICK plain greek yogurt. I used the trader Joes kind. Make sure you drain any liquid.
- Start mixing by hand ( it will be sticky ) then if you have one transfer to a mixer with a hook attachment ( or continue to mix by hand ) . Do NOT over mix or the dough will become sticky again. One the dough starts to come off the bowl and form a bit stop mixing.
- Form a ball with your dough and cut into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece out a bit and then form a circle. Hit each one with an egg wash and top with your favorite seasoning. I used the Trader Joes everything but the bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 20 min or until they started to golden .
I save mine in an airtight container in my fridge . When ready to eat they cut and toast just fine! Have you tried this recipe? Id love to hear how yours turned out!
Macros per bagel: with TJ yogurt
Make sure you follow me on instagram!!!
3 Things To Do This Week
Happy February! I feel like this month is a tough one. In January everyone makes new goals, plans healthy meals for the month and is excited about working out. Then February hits….. maybe you have already missed workouts and made some bad food choices and are feeling bummed. Its okay if you slipped up, I know I have, but it’s not okay to give up!
Here are five things you can start doing this week to help give you that extra motivation you might be needing.
3 Things To Do This Week
- Find an accountability partner or group. Did you know that I run a FREE group on Facebook full of moms. We check in daily to help motivate each other and keep on track, share recipes and cheer each other on. If you haven’t joined us now is the perfect time. Comment below or friend me on FB and I’ll get you added.
- Wake up 10-15 minutes early. I know this is hard . I am just finally started to get up before my kids. The mornings I get up before them always lead to better days. That extra time for me in the am is just what I need to set a positive mindset for the day. Try it for a few days and I bet you will love it too.
- Plan all your workouts and dinners for the week. Set a goal about how many workouts you will do this week, and then plan them out. Write them down so you can check it off when you finish a workout.
– example: lift upper body, HIIT session, crossfit , lift legs/booty , walk
Planning out your dinners will also help keep you on track ( and help save you money ) I like to sit down on Sunday and roughly plan my dinners and make my shopping list. This way I know what we are having and what to buy at the store. A little meal prep goes a long way