Three At Home Workouts For Busy Moms
Hello BUSY moms! Have you been looking for some quick home workouts that you can do during nap time? I have THREE new workouts just for you! Below I have added some a HIIT circuit ( high intensity interval training ) , an upper body and a lower body workout you can do right at home. The HIIT and the lower body workout can be done with no equipment .
Quick effective workouts are a MUST for us moms. We want to do workouts that are going to get us the results we want but not spends hours in the gym. The workouts below focus on the parts of the body that most of us want to change .
I did all three of these workouts while I was pregnant with my son and after he was born. I will add that I was definitely moving slow during the HIIT workout when I was pregnant !! Thats a great one to try when you are ready and then repeat a few weeks later to see how much you improved.
set a timer for 6 rounds , 25 seconds on, 15 seconds rest. Rest one min and repeat up to four times. More advanced? Set your timer for more rounds so you will jump right into the second, third , fourth rounds without any rest! Each round will last 4 minutes so for a quick 12 min workout do three rounds. If you have more time add more rounds.
- mt climbers
- squats hops ( squat down then hop up quickly, land softly)
- plank jacks ( plank position , jump legs out to side then back in like a jumping jack)
- bicycle abs
- high knees
- kettlebell or dumbbell swing ( no weights- jumping jacks)
Strong Arms workout : You need dumbbells *
Do each move for a total of 10-15 reps . Go through all the moves, rest and repeat 3-4 times . If you can get to 15 reps easily then its time to move up in weights! You will not see progress if you do not push yourself.
- bicep curls
- shoulder press
- triceps kickbacks
- chest press – on ground – lay on back- arms make the shape of a goal post- press weights straight up then slowly lower
- front raise – hold a weight with both hands, starting at your waist raise weight with straight arms to shoulder height then slowly lower
- triceps dips- on flor or on a bench- elbow go straight back
- push ups
**If you are not sure what any of these moves are GOOGLE them! Trust me there will be 1000s of pictures/videos so you can learn!!!!
Lower Body Burner
Quick nap time lower body workout . You don’t need anything but your body
- 50 squats
- 50 glute bridge – on ground knees bent- press through your heels to lift hips up then slowly lower
- 50 walking lunges ( 25 per leg )
- 50 plank leg lift/pulses ( 25 per leg ) – plank position- then pulse one leg at time up and down
- 50 sumo squats – feet wider then hips- toes pointed out slightly
I hope you LOVE these quick workouts . Id love to hear from you! Comment below which one you love best . Also make sure you follow me on instagram
5 Months Postpartum Update Plus 5 Fit Tips for Success
I can’t believe I had Brody FIVE months ago!! Time really is flying by. So far I am loving every minute of being a mom. I wanted to give an update about my post baby body progress.
As some of you know I started the three-week yoga retreat right after I had Brody, then I went right in 21 day fix extreme. As of May I have started Max out May with my amazing online fitFam and I have to say I am feeling AWESOME and ready for summer. All my clothes fit , yay!!
I am so glad that my core is finally starting to feel STRONG again. It took awhile for me to start to feel comfortable in my lifts ( crossfit ) but as of now they are feeling great. I started crossfit again but only at home, I haven’t made it back to my crossfit gym just yet, I still have to figure out a good schedule with the baby first. So for now I have been doing lots of different workouts on BOD and some at home WODs.
I know I am seeing and feeling these awesome results because my nutrition has been on point. I can’t stress how important nutrition is. I started a 12 week macro counting plan and that helped a lot but I will not be continuing with counting macros, it just want for me.
I can’t wait to continue to share my post baby fit journey with you all! I hope you follow my journey on instagram , @swell_fitness, Id love to hear from you if you do!! Thank you for reading 🙂
5 Tips for success with losing the baby weight
- Good nutrition is a MUST ! Find a plan and stick to it. If you need help deciding what works best for you please let me know and Id love to help. Start tracking on myfitnesspal and make sure you are eating healthy FATS, CARBS & PROTEIN at every meal.
- Meal prep. Take time one day a week and prep some meals . I love to prep my dinners and SNACKS that easy to grab. I know us moms are busy and having food that is ready to grab makes staying healthy & fit so much easier.
- Drink WATER. Make sure you are drinking enough water . Aim for a gallon a day! I know it sounds like a lot but trust me you need it ( especially if you are nursing )
- Exercise everyday. Start easy, small walks and maybe some yoga. Walking was my go to, I would put Brody in the stroller and off we would go! I wear a fitbit and I made it my goal to hit my steps at least 5 days a week . Once I was cleared for exercise I jumped right back in. I would workout during Brodys first nap. Sometimes I wanted to nap during that time but I made it a point to get in at least 20 min a day. Plus I was able to nap if I needed it during his afternoon nap ! I did mostly workouts from BOD that were 30 min long, even if Brody was awake I was able to finish.
- SLEEP. I know I just told you to workout while baby napped, but make sure you are getting enough sleep. We got very lucky and Brody got on an awesome sleep schedule at a young age. He slept one hour every morning and two in the afternoon plus he was a great sleeper at night so we were not as tired during the day. Sleep is so important to help regulate normal body functions such as digestion . Plus the less tired you are the less stressed you are which in turn is also going to help your body function better .