Find Your Mom Groove
We all know motherhood is amazing . But becoming a SAHM can seem a little crazy. Iv been a SAHM now for 21 months and I LOVE it, but I agree that it is not for everyone . Some of my friends are just starting to have their kids and they always ask me ” what do you do all day , do you go crazy?!” You have to find your mom groove . This might take some time and that’s okay.
Don’t be fooled by the moms that look like their lives are totally amazing. Remember social media is a place that people post their BEST pictures so stop comparing your life to theirs . Life isn’t always having the best behaved kids, cleanest house on the block or always looking like you just stepped out of a salon! But you can feel good & have some awesome days with your kids as a SAHM.
Id love to share with you how I found my groove and how you can too. Below are my tips for:
- getting a schedule together
- when to clean/organize
- you time
- schedule for your kids
- taking back your mornings
Find Your Mom Groove
- Getting a schedule together : It might not sound fun , but having a daily schedule can make your life so much easier. I like to plan my weekly menu on Sundays or Mondays and meal prep to make things a bit easier. I wake up every morning around the same time ( before your kids if you can ) While having my morning coffee and doing my MM I try to plan my day. Now that the cooler weather is here its easier for me to stick to mine and Brodys schedule. ( more on his schedule below ) We eat lunch and dinner the same times each day to help keep the day predictable . You need to find a schedule that works for you and your family.
- When to clean : I like to clean and organize the house all day, ha! We try to clean up all the toys before we move onto something else. It sounds weird but Brody loves to help clean, we vacuum & mop the floors together 2-3 times a week after breakfast. While Brody eats lunch I quickly pick up the house and then do laundry once he goes down for a nap , this doesn’t take long so I still have time for other things while he naps. I also like to get dinner ready during his nap time. After dinner I make sure to clean the kitchen, waking up to a clean kitchen will make your morning stress free! As soon as Brody goes to bed at 7 I do another quick clean up. Since I kind of pick up throughout the day the house never feels totally out of control
- You time. You need time for yourself . Make some YOU time in the am or pm before your kids wake up or after they go to sleep. Even if you take time for you a few times a week it can help. You need to feel good to get your groove back! Every morning make sure you get dressed , wash your face and throw on some mascara , staying in your PJ’s all day is never a good idea. Make sure you are also putting your health first and eat a balanced healthy diet.
- Schedule for your kids. Again this might not sound fun but get your kids on a schedule. Eat and sleep around the same times everyday. This is Brodys schedule now but I will change things up as he gets older.
- Take back your mornings. This one sounds the hardest but trust me it is worth it. Wake up before your kids and your day will be a little less stressful. I wake up and do a miracle morning and I highly suggest you do some version of this!