My Favorite Personal Development Books
If you follow my in instagram ( you should ! ) then you see me share quotes in my stories all the time. People always ask me what books the quotes come from so I thought I would share the PD books I have read this year. Below is a list of my favorite personal development books that I think you will love too.
If you do decide to read some of my favs remember reading the books is one thing but actually doing what the books suggest is whats going to help change your life!
My Favorite Personal Development Books
- Miracle Morning ( I have read three! )
- The universe has your back
- The Secret
- The 12 week year
- The energy Bus
- Rejection Proof
- The Compound Effect
- Spirit Junkie
Are you a fan of personal development books? Id love to know some of your go to books. Please share below !!
More post to love:
avoid the mom burnout
start your day right
How To Feel Awesome Everyday
We all want to wake up everyday and feel our best right?! I think each morning gives us a new opportunity to do just that. Even if we have to “fake” it at first , doing the things below can help you to feel awesome everyday!!
Below are some steps on how to feel awesome everyday but if you are looking for more check out my miracle morning routine for more tips.
Ready to feel awesome everyday:
Take some time to write down a few things that make you happy. Add reading this list into your morning routine ( check out my routine here ) Now list a few things you can do TODAY that will make you feel awesome. This list is things you can do now or throughout the day like workout, play with your kids, have a hot cup of coffee, spend time with your partner, read a chapter of your book ect..
- hot coffee while doing my morning routine without Brody to distract me
- morning walk with the family
- outside morning play with my dogs
- read something motivational
- adding things to my pinterest boards to better my life
- spending time at the beach
- catching the sunrise or sunset
- declutter , organize the house
Everyday pick a few things from your list that you can do to help you feel awesome and excited for the day. You may need to update your list with new ideas every month .
More ways to start the d ay feeling awesome:
Are you looking to update your morning or pm routines? Here are a few things you can add to your mornings and your nights, I personally do all these things.
- Add in some personal development . This can be in the form of reading a book , podcasts, youtube videos , seminars . I have been reading personal development books for the last few years now and I love them! They key is to actually do the things the book says! You can’t just read and not implement anything that you have learned .My favs so far have been:
The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) ( I have read three of them )
The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith
I have kindle unlimited and I have read a bunch more , I return them once I finish reading unless I saved lots of notes
- Gratitude . At night while falling asleep I think of all the things I am grateful for . I have a list in my head but I usually reflect back on the day and think about everything we did that makes me smile. Then I list all things about myself that I’m grateful for . When I’m done with myself I move onto my family which includes my husband, Brody and extended family that we see daily. Then I move on to things that I’m grateful for about my life, house, yard, beach house until I fall asleep. You can do this in the am too. Filling your head with positive thoughts is a great way to start your day
- Motivation quotes. Find some quotes you love and keep them around so you can read one or two each morning , you can even hang some on your bathroom mirror so you see them first thing.
Just adding these small tips to your morning routine will make you feel amazing! Give it a try for a week and let me know how you feel! Do you have something you do different in the am? Id love to know, comment below and share your morning routine with us!
Some more I know you will love
tips for a healthy you
My Miracle Morning Routine
Do you have a morning routine ? Almost all of the most successful people in the world have a morning routine. After reading the The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) I learned the importance of starting the day right. Here is how I start my day almost everyday. This is my miracle morning routine until the new baby comes this fall . I know after she is here things will have to change and I will share my new morning routine when that happens!
During my miracle morning routine I follow the SAVERS from the book. The life savers stand for Silence, Affirmation, Visualization , Exercise , Reading Scribing. To learn more I highly recommend reading the book.
My Miracle Morning Routine:
- 6:15 am: wake up, usually before Brody . Brush teeth, grab some water and start the coffee .
- 6:30: Meditate/ gratitude or silence . I meditate for about 5-10 minutes. I use the guided meditation ap lets meditate . Its free and I didn’t want to pay for headspace . If you are willing to pay check out headspace .
- 6:35: Affirmations about my life, being a mom, wife, blogger. Followed by reading quotes from a few different aps , I use enliven & think up
Make a cup of coffee.
- 6:45: Visualize, I either visualize how I want my day to go or how I want my life to be in 2-5-10 years. Pinterest boards are also a great way to make a vision board , I have a few different ones to look at.
- 6:50: Then I do one of the journal prompts from an ap I have ( write light)
- 6:55: Blog/social media stuff is next and this usually takes the longest. I check my calendars to see what blog posts I have schedules . Then I check my blog and if I posted something then I share it on my social media accounts. This takes about 10-15 minutes just to look over blog posts, schedules and think of new ideas to write about. I also check my instagram & Facebook at this time and post if I need to.
- 7:15: Brody is usually up at this point so I make him breakfast
- 7:25: While Brody eats I try to read a few pages from the book I’m reading. I read before bed every night so I don’t feel too bad about skipping this part of my SAVERS.
When I finish I move right into cleaning up any part of the house that needs a quick declutter. I make sure to make my bed and just do a quick clean up!
All of this is done before 8am!
Here are all the apps I use! I have been loving simple habit and now do some of the bed time routines they offer.
Short Version to start your day with gratitude and confidence :
- daily motivation ap & gratitude – then leave your bed!
- brush teeth, wash face have a big glass of water
- visualize goals/dreams
- Plan the day
Do you have a morning routine? Id love to know what you do differently than me! Comment below and let me know. What is your fav app??
More post you will love :
Three intense home workouts
3 Tips to a heathy you
Staying on track over the weekend