Third Trimester Check List
Whether you are a new mom or already have one at home getting your house ready in the third trimester is a must! Below is my third trimester check list to help you prepare to bring your new baby home . Id love to hear from you , how did you prepare to bring baby home? Comment below and get the convo started!
Third Trimester Check List
- A lot of people make a birth plan… I am not one of them! My plan is to go to the hospital and have a baby!
- clean the house .Declutter as much as you can . People will bring you flowers, food, gifts , you’re going drop your hospital stuff as soon as you walk in so having a clutter free home before you head to the hospital will make life a little easier when you get home
- stock up on supplies . Make sure you have coffee, wine, paper towels , toilet paper ect. I know its easy to order on amazon and have everything the next day but it is nice to have everything you need when you need it.
- freeze some meals . Also make sure you have food in the fridge ready to eat for when you get home you will be hungry!
- pack your hospital bag and put it in the CAR!
- install the car seat
- find a pediatrician
- have diapers and wipes ready, you don’t want to run out at 2 am!
- stock up on batteries for swings , sound machines ect
- wash baby clothes, blankets and bottles
- prepare an at home post birth recover kit . Think pads, witch hazel, peri bottle ect
- make plans for your other children and pets ( make sure you have food for your pets! )
More posts to love:
Hospital bag must have
Free home workouts
Avoid the SAHM workout
Weekly Summer Workouts
I have officially hit my third trimester! So happy that I am still keeping up with my workouts. I know I will eventually have to slow down and modify even more but for now I am feeling great and I’m going to keep going as long as I can. Below are my weekly summer workouts I did this week. I hope you get a chance to try some. Drop a comment below and let me know what one you tried!!
Weekly Summer Workouts
Monday: Legs + HIIT :
- 10 back squats
- 15 squat hop
- 8 weighted lunges
- 6 split box lunge hops each leg
- 10 goblet squat
- 8 burped box jump
- 30 skaters
- 15 squat hops
- 30 mt climb
- 15 kbs
x3 with little to no rest
Tuesday: Booty + HIIT Booty
- 30 walking lunges
- 15 deadlift
- 15 side lunge each leg
- 15 glute bridge
- 10 single leg squats
Then: With NO Rest!
- squat jax
- sump pulse squat
- plank jax
- jumping jax
Do 15 reps, then 12 reps, then 10 reps. If you are feeling AWESOME do 8 reps!!
15 reps each:
- dumbbell press
- standing flys
- upright row
- french press
- hammer curls
Do the moves from above with a resistance band. Do 2 sets of 20 to burn your muscles out!!!
Thursday: Walk with Brody or add in some cardio!
Avoid Stretch Marks + Other Prego Hack
There is no actual evidence that there are ways to avoid stretch marks but us pregos will try anyway ! Her are some tips that maybe could help avoid stretch marks and some advice on how to help them fade if you do end up with some . I am also sharing some other tips for some of those not so fun pregnancy symptoms like back pain, heartburn , cravings and boob size!
How to ( try to ) avoid stretch marks:
- Itchy skin & want to avoid stretch mark? Grab some lotion. I tend to have dry skin when pregnant and go through a lot of lotion. I would lotion my belly ( and rib tattoo) 2-3 times a day when I was pregnant with Brody. I did not get stretch marks ( who knows if it was the lotion! ) If you suffer from itchy skin try adding lotions with oatmeal, avoid tight-fitting clothes and try not to take hot showers. I made my own lotion this time around, here is the recipe
- Guzzle that water! Staying hydrated can help keep skin elasticity . So drink that water to help hydrate you from the inside out
- If you do end up with some ( its okay!!) Research has shown that they can fade over time.
- Genetics plays a role. If your mom or sisters got stretch marks there’s a chance you could too!
Do you suffer from back pain?
- Try to squat rather than bend at the hips when you are picking things up
- Ditch the heels. I feel like this is a no brainer ! But then again I’m a personal trainer and am home most days not in an office setting.
- Exercising regularly can help reduce back pain. Just make sure you are careful and you are performing the moves with proper form
- If the pain is too much try adding a heat pad for you back ( back only, not your belly)
- Prego pillow! Get a nice comfy pregnancy pillow to help you sleep better and to help with back pain. I loved mine when I was pregnant with Brody, I am looking for a new one now since the dogs over took mine!
Try adding apple cider vinegar to your daily routine . Add 1-2 tsp to your water . I know it sounds counter productive but people swear by it!
Craving candy or sweets?
Sweet tooth driving you crazy? Eat dried fruit. A lot of them taste just like candy . My go to right now is dried mango!
If you are like me and are still wearing bikinis throughout your pregnancy , high-five! My main issue is my tops are all way too SMALL. Instead of spending the money on tops that will never fit me again I bought three new tops from walmart. They were super cheap , I’ll wear them all summer then toss them without feeling bad that I wasted money.
Id love to here some of your pregnancy tips!! Share below what your favorite hacks are.