10 Fit Tips For BUSY Moms
We all know that motherhood can be CRAZY busy, but it is so important they we remember to take care of ourselves. I hear it all the time ” I’m so busy with my kids , I don’t have time for me” Let me tell you know, you can’t live like that!
You will be a much happier mom for your whole family if you are making your health & fitness a PRIORITY. It’s not selfish for you to take time to work on you. Studies have proven that exercise and eating right helps fight depression, helps keep your energy up, helps prevent disease, I feel like I could go on forever with all the benefits!!!
So where do you start? Here are a few fit tips to help get you started plus keep you on track.
- workout early before the day is gone. Who else has woken up around 6am then looked at the clock and it’s already 2pm and you still haven’t brushed your teeth!? Getting your workout done in the am is the way to go! Plus if you workout out later in the day its easy to keep pushing off until you finally say ” Ill do it tomorrow “
- have a plan . Find a program you like , do the workouts I post ( or the 100000s others posted on pinterest!) go on demand and pick your workout. If you know what you are doing it makes it easier to get it done
- include kids or plan around them. I workout during nap time or set up play stations that I know will entertain him long enough for me to finish. Older kids might love to join in
- find a success partner . Grab a friend or family member to join you. Or join my virtual wellness group on Facebook – leave a comment below and I will add you!
- meal prep . You don’t have to go crazy. I find just prepping my snacks for the week helped a ton when I was a new mom. Have food that is easy to grab makes it easier to make the right choice
- stay motivated . Follow your favorite fitness people online to stay motivated. Hang that bikini or dress in a place you can see it everyday. Motivation can be hard to keep especially if you are not seeing the results that you want. But you need to keep moving forward !! Find some inspirational blogs/pod casts whatever it takes!!
- if you MUST workout in a gym find one with a daycare
- train with HEAVIER weights! You’ll get more bang for your bucks and burn more calories – just think you lug around a toddler or baby in a heavy seat, you can lift heavier than those 5-8 lbs weights. Compare 30 min of running to 30 min of weight training and you will be surprised at how much more you burn ( and build muscle ) with weight training .
- stop eating your children’s food!!!!! We all do this. If you added up that “bite’ here & there it adds up quickly . And the worst part is you probably don’t even realize you are doing it
- set short-term and long-term goals . You need goals. Maybe you are just starting and you plan to workout 2-3 times a week ( short-term) and then increase a day every month till you hit 5 days a week ( long-term) . Or you have a goal to do 20 push ups by summer and you have 4 months to get there. Setting and hitting short-term goals makes it easier to stick to those bog long-term goals that seem so far away.
I hope you enjoyed my list and it helps you get started or helps you to keep going! Id love to hear from YOU! Let me know your favorite fit tip . I am always excited to hear something new that could help us moms out!