Staying On Track During The Weekend
You work so hard all week, eat clean , workout out and drink only water… but then the weekend comes and you go crazy! Sound familiar? You can still enjoy the weekend without gaining weight and ruining all the hard work from the week. Just follow my tips about staying on track during the weekend and you will wake up Monday morning feeling great instead of bloated.
- Dont skip meals . This is a big mistake most people make . A lot of people have a huge breakfast , skip lunch and then have a huge dinner with apps, a meal and drinks ( and maybe dessert ) Instead of eating crazy on the weekend eat like it’s the weekday. It’s okay to have dessert , don’t feel guilty about that, you deserve it!
- Get a workout in. Make the workout extra hard , or make your walk/run a little harder. Getting sweaty on the weekend will help you make healthier choices all day. Plus its a great way to burn some extra calories.
- Dont have an all or nothing attitude. Its okay if you eat pizza and have a few drinks Friday night , your weekend isn’t ruined. If you splurge on brunch Saturday just move on , don’t stress about it. Instead drink a lot more water and get in an extra walk. Eating clean is not all or nothing . Don’t feel like you ruined your progress just because you cheated one day.
- Lots of water. I know you have heard this before , have a glass of water in between the alcoholic drinks. I know it’s easier said then done! Keep a jug of water with you all day. Have a big glass before bed and pour some the night before for the am. Staying hydrate will help keep the bloat away
- Plan ahead when it comes to eating out. If you know you are going out for dinner, eat super clean all day. Stay low carb and low-fat throughout the day and then enjoy yourself at dinner . Plus you can always look at the menu ahead of time and know what your getting and plan your day around that meal
- Skip the sugary drinks. Those pre made drinks/mixes can be loaded with sugar. Try skipping them and using flavored soda water or even fresca instead. Fresca and tequila makes a great margarita !! I love adding fresh mint and some fruit to my drinks for extra flavor .
- Enjoy yourself. Remember that you are human and its okay to enjoy life! If you want dessert , have it!! Depriving yourself isn’t the way to live a healthy lifestyle. Balance is key. If you skip dessert or alcohol all week its okay to have some one or even two nights a week. Remember this health thing is a lifestyle and missing out on things you love is no way to live.
Tip for the week:
Meal prep on sunday. You don’t have to go crazy. Make a menu , even if it’s just dinners for a few nights . Prep those meals, I promise the week will be easier! Hit up a farmers market for fresh produce & to save some money.
I hope you LOVE my recipes & quick workouts . Id love to hear from you! Comment below which one you love best . Also make sure you follow me on instagram