Outdoor Summer Activities For Toddlers
Keeping your kids healthy and active can be tough sometimes . A lot of kids love to be in doors watching tv and playing video games. I think it’s so important to get your kids outside to be active and to burn off some energy . The childhood obesity rate is out of control and its up to us as parents to set a good example and live a healthy lifestyle our kids can look up to.
Brody is only 1.5 years old but I was a nanny for about 7 years so I know how to keep kids active! Exercise is important but you must remember to make it fun and more like a game . I have listed some of our favorite outdoor summer activities for toddlers & kids below. Id love to hear from you and how you keep your kids active and healthy!
Fun Summer Activities :
- beach fun. We love to go for walks on the beach and look for sea glass. The older kids always love to boogie board and one of my favorites is to jump the waves
- obstacle course. This is one of my favs. You can use stuff that you already own ( or buy some beach noodles ) . Use brooms on buckets to jump over and climb under. Slides to climb and go down, boxes for tunnels , hula hoops to jump through. I feel like there are endless obstacles you can make! My dogs also love to follow the kids through the course so it’s a bonus to tire out the kids and dogs!!
- follow the leader. Brody loves to follow me. I will walk around the yard, climb the stairs , climb the rocks in the yard and circle our barn. We both get our steps up when we play.
- climb and slide. We have a little play house with a ladder and slide and Brody will play on that for a while! I love watching him climb
- water the flowers. I always set my water table up in the shade away from my garden and one of Brody’s favorite things to do is water my veggies. He uses a tiny little cup from the table and takes about 15 trips !! This keeps him moving for a while
- bike rides. If you have older kids bike rides are always fun and a great way to stay active.
- workouts with you. When I was a nanny the kids loved to do some of the workouts with me. They loves to use my battle ropes and my agility ladder
- backyard sports. Grab a ball and play some soccer or basketball
- hop scotch
- running races. This was another favorite when I was a nanny, the kids , me and my dog would race across the yard multiple times a day
Id love to hear from you , what are your favorite outdoor things to do with your kids? Comment below and the convo started!!! Or send me a message over on my instagram , I hope you follow me so we can connect.
More posts you will love