10 Fit Tips For BUSY Moms
We all know that motherhood can be CRAZY busy, but it is so important they we remember to take care of ourselves. I hear it all the time ” I’m so busy with my kids , I don’t have time for me” Let me tell you know, you can’t live like that!
You will be a much happier mom for your whole family if you are making your health & fitness a PRIORITY. It’s not selfish for you to take time to work on you. Studies have proven that exercise and eating right helps fight depression, helps keep your energy up, helps prevent disease, I feel like I could go on forever with all the benefits!!!
So where do you start? Here are a few fit tips to help get you started plus keep you on track.
- workout early before the day is gone. Who else has woken up around 6am then looked at the clock and it’s already 2pm and you still haven’t brushed your teeth!? Getting your workout done in the am is the way to go! Plus if you workout out later in the day its easy to keep pushing off until you finally say ” Ill do it tomorrow “
- have a plan . Find a program you like , do the workouts I post ( or the 100000s others posted on pinterest!) go on demand and pick your workout. If you know what you are doing it makes it easier to get it done
- include kids or plan around them. I workout during nap time or set up play stations that I know will entertain him long enough for me to finish. Older kids might love to join in
- find a success partner . Grab a friend or family member to join you. Or join my virtual wellness group on Facebook – leave a comment below and I will add you!
- meal prep . You don’t have to go crazy. I find just prepping my snacks for the week helped a ton when I was a new mom. Have food that is easy to grab makes it easier to make the right choice
- stay motivated . Follow your favorite fitness people online to stay motivated. Hang that bikini or dress in a place you can see it everyday. Motivation can be hard to keep especially if you are not seeing the results that you want. But you need to keep moving forward !! Find some inspirational blogs/pod casts whatever it takes!!
- if you MUST workout in a gym find one with a daycare
- train with HEAVIER weights! You’ll get more bang for your bucks and burn more calories – just think you lug around a toddler or baby in a heavy seat, you can lift heavier than those 5-8 lbs weights. Compare 30 min of running to 30 min of weight training and you will be surprised at how much more you burn ( and build muscle ) with weight training .
- stop eating your children’s food!!!!! We all do this. If you added up that “bite’ here & there it adds up quickly . And the worst part is you probably don’t even realize you are doing it
- set short-term and long-term goals . You need goals. Maybe you are just starting and you plan to workout 2-3 times a week ( short-term) and then increase a day every month till you hit 5 days a week ( long-term) . Or you have a goal to do 20 push ups by summer and you have 4 months to get there. Setting and hitting short-term goals makes it easier to stick to those bog long-term goals that seem so far away.
I hope you enjoyed my list and it helps you get started or helps you to keep going! Id love to hear from YOU! Let me know your favorite fit tip . I am always excited to hear something new that could help us moms out!
Check these THREE workouts you can do right from home! And make sure you follow me on insta for more motivation!
5 Months Postpartum Update Plus 5 Fit Tips for Success
I can’t believe I had Brody FIVE months ago!! Time really is flying by. So far I am loving every minute of being a mom. I wanted to give an update about my post baby body progress.
As some of you know I started the three-week yoga retreat right after I had Brody, then I went right in 21 day fix extreme. As of May I have started Max out May with my amazing online fitFam and I have to say I am feeling AWESOME and ready for summer. All my clothes fit , yay!!
I am so glad that my core is finally starting to feel STRONG again. It took awhile for me to start to feel comfortable in my lifts ( crossfit ) but as of now they are feeling great. I started crossfit again but only at home, I haven’t made it back to my crossfit gym just yet, I still have to figure out a good schedule with the baby first. So for now I have been doing lots of different workouts on BOD and some at home WODs.
I know I am seeing and feeling these awesome results because my nutrition has been on point. I can’t stress how important nutrition is. I started a 12 week macro counting plan and that helped a lot but I will not be continuing with counting macros, it just want for me.
I can’t wait to continue to share my post baby fit journey with you all! I hope you follow my journey on instagram , @swell_fitness, Id love to hear from you if you do!! Thank you for reading 🙂
5 Tips for success with losing the baby weight
- Good nutrition is a MUST ! Find a plan and stick to it. If you need help deciding what works best for you please let me know and Id love to help. Start tracking on myfitnesspal and make sure you are eating healthy FATS, CARBS & PROTEIN at every meal.
- Meal prep. Take time one day a week and prep some meals . I love to prep my dinners and SNACKS that easy to grab. I know us moms are busy and having food that is ready to grab makes staying healthy & fit so much easier.
- Drink WATER. Make sure you are drinking enough water . Aim for a gallon a day! I know it sounds like a lot but trust me you need it ( especially if you are nursing )
- Exercise everyday. Start easy, small walks and maybe some yoga. Walking was my go to, I would put Brody in the stroller and off we would go! I wear a fitbit and I made it my goal to hit my steps at least 5 days a week . Once I was cleared for exercise I jumped right back in. I would workout during Brodys first nap. Sometimes I wanted to nap during that time but I made it a point to get in at least 20 min a day. Plus I was able to nap if I needed it during his afternoon nap ! I did mostly workouts from BOD that were 30 min long, even if Brody was awake I was able to finish.
- SLEEP. I know I just told you to workout while baby napped, but make sure you are getting enough sleep. We got very lucky and Brody got on an awesome sleep schedule at a young age. He slept one hour every morning and two in the afternoon plus he was a great sleeper at night so we were not as tired during the day. Sleep is so important to help regulate normal body functions such as digestion . Plus the less tired you are the less stressed you are which in turn is also going to help your body function better .
10 Things You Might Not Know About Me
If you follow me on social media then you might know a lot about me! But I thought it would be fun to add ten things you might NOT know about me!!
- I am a certified personal trainer and have a sports nutrition cert through ACE.
- I have four small tattoos, but I really want a sleeve!! I always said I would wait till after I got married , my mom didn’t want me to have tats in a dress. But guess what? I eloped and didn’t even wear a dress sooooo I think its time for a sleeve!
- I have known Shane ( my husband ) my whole life! We grew up together at the beach surfing and playing kick the can.
- I used to be the pickiest eater you have ever met!!! Shane is the one who got me to try new things
- I grew up playing soccer , like all year round its all I did
- I was a die-hard skateboarder, had a mini ramp in my yard at one point, knocked a tooth out with my board! I can still skate now & feel totally comfortable on a board.
- I used to live off of burger king kids meals, always chicken nuggets
- I didn’t try red meat till about five years ago. Shane told me if I try it he would pay for a month of crossfit- so I did it!
- I have always loved ford broncos and still want one.
- I have had three wrist surgeries and have very limited movement in my wrist.